3-day CompTIA Security+ Boot Camp
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
The CompTIA Security+ certification is accredited by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
All IT Professionals seeking CompTIA Security+ certification; Network support personnel; Network Administrators; IT Security Professionals; government and government contracted information assurance personnel requiring certification for IAT level I, IAT level II, and IAM level I of the DOD 8570.1 Directive.
Organizations that employ CompTIA Security+ certified staff include Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Trendmicro (Philippines), Lockheed Martin, the U.S. State Department, Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as EDS, General Dynamics and Northrop Grumman.
CompTIA Network+ and two years experience in IT administration with a security focus.
Note: CBT XPress recommends that a student have the listed prerequisites prior to attending our IT Boot Camp. If a student desires to attend our class without this prerequisite knowledge, it is at his/her discretion.
CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501 demonstrates competency in:
- Mitigating threats
- User- and role-bases security
- Peripheral security
- Public key infrastructure
- Application and messaging security
- Ports and protocols
- Network security
- Wireless security
- Remote access security
- Vulnerability testing and monitoring
- Organizational security
- Business continuity
- All CompTIA Security+ Training Materials
- 12 month Subscription to the IT Select Reference Library, Powered by Books 24x7
- State-of-the-art Training and Lab Equipment
- Exam Simulators
- On-site Test Vouchers
- Breakfast Daily
- Lunch Daily
- In-class Internet Access
- Personal Computer Station for Each Student
- FREE wireless and wired high speed internet access in guest room and common areas
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 1 Year Certification Guarantee
- Hotel accommodations include access to a state-of-the-art, 24-hour fitness center, inviting in-room amenities, premium cable television and on-demand movies, all conveniently close to your classroom and lab.
- Round-trip airfare with assistance from CBT XPress` Group Travel Agent.*
- FREE shuttle to and from Tampa International Airport
- 1 year access to SkillSoft elearning IT/Business library
in your travel package and are your sole responsibility.
Click for travel tips from our travel agency.
CBT XPress lets you stay, study and sit for your certification exams in a special environment conducive to learning with the utmost convenience and comfort – The Homewood Suites, Hilton; Tampa, FL. This unique setting has been designed with your success in mind. At CBT Xpress’ training facility, you'll be just one elevator trip away from your room at any given time, providing easy access to the classroom and lab during and after class hours.
If busy schedules don’t allow your staff to come to us, CBT XPress provides on-site Boot camps for
corporations and military facilities. We’ll bring our certified technical trainer and test proctor
right to your location to offer you the same expert training and immediate testing that you would
receive at our facility.
Contact us for more information.
Contact a training advisor here for more details.
*Prices subject to change.