3-day CompTIA A+ Boot Camp
|CompTIA A+ certification validates the latest foundation-level knowledge and skills needed by todayís computer support professionals. It is the starting point for a career in the Information Technology industry. This international, vendor-neutral certification is accredited by the International Organization for Standards (ISO) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). CompTIA A+ certification proves competence in a technicianís ability to perform essential IT tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventative maintenance, basic networking and security. It also confirms a technicianís understanding of customer service and communication skills needed to work with clients.|
All IT Professionals seeking CompTIA A+ certification; entry level PC Support Technicians and Customer Service Representatives; government and government contracted information assurance personnel requiring certification for IAT level I of the DOD 8570.1 Directive.
CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, HP and Cisco. Other technology companies, including Dell, Intel, Lenovo and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians.
6-12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Note: CBT XPress recommends that a student have the listed prerequisites prior to attending our IT Boot Camp. If a student desires to attend our class without this prerequisite knowledge, it is at his/her discretion.
Two exams are necessary to be certified: CompTIA A+ 220-901; and CompTIA A+ 220-902.
CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers:
- PC hardware and peripherals
- Mobile device hardware
- Networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues
CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers:
- Installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux
- Fundamentals of cloud computing
- Operational procedures
- All CompTIA A+ Training Materials
- 12 month Subscription to the IT Select Reference Library, Powered by Books 24x7
- State-of-the-art Training and Lab Equipment
- Exam Simulators
- On-site Test Vouchers
- Breakfast Daily
- Lunch Daily
- In-class Internet Access
- Personal Computer Station for Each Student
- FREE wireless and wired high speed internet access in guest room and common areas
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 1 Year Certification Guarantee
- Hotel accommodations include access to a state-of-the-art, 24-hour fitness center, inviting in-room amenities, premium cable television and on-demand movies, all conveniently close to your classroom and lab.
- Round-trip airfare with assistance from CBT XPress` Group Travel Agent.*
- FREE shuttle to and from Tampa International Airport
- 1 year access to SkillSoft elearning IT/Business library
in your travel package and are your sole responsibility.
Click for travel tips from our travel agency.
CBT XPress lets you stay, study and sit for your certification exams in a special environment conducive to learning with the utmost convenience and comfort Ė The Homewood Suites, Hilton; Tampa, FL. This unique setting has been designed with your success in mind. At CBT Xpressí training facility, you'll be just one elevator trip away from your room at any given time, providing easy access to the classroom and lab during and after class hours.
If busy schedules donít allow your staff to come to us, CBT XPress provides on-site Boot camps for
corporations and military facilities. Weíll bring our certified technical trainer and test proctor
right to your location to offer you the same expert training and immediate testing that you would
receive at our facility.
Contact us for more information.
Contact a training advisor here for more details.
*Prices subject to change.